Sunday 21 February 2010

Food filled weekend in Manchester

It was finally, the end of the super tiring A&E rotation. At the first opportunity, I bought my bus ticket to visit PL and YY in Manchester.

Dim Sum at Pacific Chinese and Thai Restaurant:

I haven't seen PL in almost 2 years. Had a great time catching up. Met so many new people as well.

From prawn dumpling, siu mai, super xoxo white carrot cake to really delicious rice and noodles. I was so full and the cost was only 5 pounds per person. Almost half the price of dim sum in Liverpool. It was unexpected that one visiting friend's friend who works as a chef agreed to cook for us that night. Look forward to more pictures of mouth watering food below.

PL offered her kitchen for that evening, so she went home earlier to start her 2nd round of spring cleaning. YY and I on the other hand, went shopping at Harvey Nichols (which of course we ended up not buying anything as 99% of the item there is priced with at least 3 figures before the decimal point) and we visited the exhibition at Urbis.

 
Saw some really old television sets which surprisingly is still working.


There were exhibitions on the Hip Hop culture in the UK.

 
 We saw some random but interesting exhibits there.

Dinner time!!! I felt so fortunate getting to eat all that food.

Professional cook in action. Even the chopped ingredients looked so organised.
Seriously mouth watering!
 
 I feel hungry again. I think I had 5 pieces of fish in total. It was so good, so good.
 
It didn't stop there. We had sweet potato tong sui for dessert with sweet potato pancakes. Already so full from the main course but there is always room for desserts.

I had like the best sleep ever at PL's place. Her bed was so comfortable and she herself was thinking of shipping the whole bed back to Malaysia. I'm going to look for the Egyptian cotton bedsheets too.
I feel like a Polar bear in Manchester. After eating so much and storing all that energy, I start my hibernation in her bed which is so conducive for hibernation. Woke up this morning and was greeted by snow.

Lunch at Varsity Pub which has the best curly fries

The pub food there is one of the best that I've tasted so far. Highly recommended. The portions are really big too. Just remember to bring you ID which proves your age.

Met up with AL too. Haven't seen her in a long time since our trip to Budapest.

My reflection week starts tomorrow. I've decided that I'm going to reflect on which camera will I be getting as my current camera is showing signs of retiring soon.

More food projects coming up soon. Keep reading.

No comments: