Friday 19 February 2010

Year of the Tiger

Gong Xi Fa Cai everyone! Like what my dad said, I'll definitely Fa Cai this year cause I'll be starting work soon.

What I had on Chinese New Year Eve. Miss all the nice food that my parents will prepare when we have our Reunion Dinner back home. Ferrero Rocher thrown in as it was Valentines too.

Chinese New Year Day 1:
This day was hectic. I finished my night shift at 6.30am. Slept for 5 hours and the next moment, I was at Harbour City in Chinatown for Dim Sum.

All the delicious Dim Sum.

No, the food doesn't end there. We went shopping for ingredients for our Steamboat that night.


From sushi, crab sticks, chicken, mushromms to grilled sausages. We were really full. The chili sauce was really nice but the effort of chopping the chillies left me with stinging fingers.

Anyone lost their dentures? Never fear, ice dentures available.
Serious photographer at work. I'm still wondering if the pictures turned out well.

 Competition from another paparazzi.

The serious games begin:

 Kam Min Toi (Hit Table Top game) - Our counting went like this 'Yi (Mandarin), Two, Sa (Hokkien), Empat (Malay), etc. etc.' Super challenging! Too bad for those who didn't understand Malay. Better count in your hearts.
 
Super serious game of UNO. I bet that you don't have any red cards.

Texas Hold 'em Poker. The anguish, the pressure, the stakes.

To bet or to fold? That is the question.

Chinese New Year Day 5:

The CNY dinner organised by the Malaysian Society. There was so much good food. From salad prawns, steamed chicken, fish, duck, seafood hotpot to stir fry kang kung. Reminds me of home.

 Ended with bubur chacha. A type of sweet potato and sago dessert.

Had a nice time catching up with old friends and getting to know new ones.

Last day of A&E tomorrow!!!! I'm free! I'm free!!!!! But I'll have to go back on Monday to sort out my feedback. Finally passed ALS as well. More reasons to celebrate.
May the Year of the Tiger be filled with good luck and prosperity for everyone. Xin Nian Kuai Le. 10 more days to celebrate.

1 comment:

h.3.l.3.n said...

walao.. So Much FOod! and congrats for passing!