Wednesday 24 February 2010

Soup Noodles and Kaya

Continuing with my food projects, I made my flatmates dinner tonight.

With the best ingredients in town, we had abalone and chicken ball soup with shrimp egg noodles. I should charge at least 15 pounds per bowl considering how expensive and time consuming to make this dish. Hahaha. Like what I always hear in the Cantonese drama series, 'I've boiled this soup for the whole day'. That's the secret to getting the sweetness of the abalone in the soup.

After dinner, due to overwhelming requests, I had to make Kaya (Egg and Cononut milk jam) again.

 I can say that I've improved. This time with my steamer, I just had to leave it steaming for 3 hours and then whisk it after. For the recipe, you can read my old post here. I'm sure whoever you are, will be able to identify where is the Kaya in the morning with help from my post-it note. Hahaha.

Next project - I'm not even sure if it'll be successful. Been wanting to make this kueh since 2nd year. Going ingredients hunting tomorrow.

No comments: