Wednesday 1 December 2010

There are good days, there are bad days

When you think that you're unlucky enough, more bad luck comes along when you least expected. For example, I was wondering why even the phone can bully me by falling off the table and wire unplugged from its socket when I was answering an important phone call. Luckily my lecturer accepted my apology the next day. Phew......

Today, came a phone call for me from the department asking me to help cover another ward for the whole day tomorrow. Hmmm....will I be of any help I wonder. Why choose me of all people? I don't even know if I can contribute much. Haih.....will worry about it tomorrow. Any luck that you can spare for me?

The good things that happened to me today was that my clerk helped me to change the appointment date for a patient who has to travel miles and miles to this hospital for her appointment. My good attendant helped send the blood sample for crossmatch at lightning speed and rushed back half an hour later to collect the blood without anyone reminding her to do so. Imagine if I had to run to the blood bank. I would have gotten lost somewhere and my poor patient wouldn't have gotten her blood by midnight.

No comments: