Tuesday 5 January 2010

London Markets and Winter Wonderland

Apologies for the delayed post. Been super busy recovering from the trip and starting on A&E which doesn't make recovery any faster.

London Markets
I loved the markets in London. There's just so much to see and so much food to eat!

It was non-stop food trying and our first stop was the Bagel shop:
First time having beef which had the structure of crabsticks. That was how tender and elastic the meat was. Thanks sifu for the treat! There were all sorts of variety like salmon bagels too. I had a bit too much mustard in mine and was almost crying while finishing it.

Next stop was the grilled fish stall. All sorts of fishes from grilled salmon to seabass for only 4 pounds. What a bargain.
Christmas market:
From fake snow to German sausages. Not a big market but definitely more exciting that the Christmas market I saw in Madrid.

Defrosting inside Starbucks before we continued our trip.

Went into Harrolds but this will only be the place where I make purchases when I'm working.

I love how they package the premix for cookies. Once baked, you can store them in the same container.

Winter Wonderland

Strolling across Hyde park to get to Winter Wonderland. Loved the silhouette view

Entrance

I felt like a kid again. Was tempted to go on a few of the rides but due to the extreme cold weather and knowing that I was going to be broke soon, I didn't.

We had Dim Sum at this Taiwanese restaurant and the food was really good.

Next up, Madrid.

No comments: