Monday 25 January 2010

Diary from the future

Dear diary,

Can’t wait till I finish this research article of mine. Hopefully it’s going to bring me closer to wining the Nobel prize. I still don’t understand myself. How can I live in such contradiction of constantly wanting to win the Nobel prize and yet dream about retiring in every single dream? At least I’m living comfortably now. I’ll have to remember to go to the lawyer’s firm this Friday to sign those documents. Really need more brain cells to remember what properties I’ve bought and what installments are due. Glad that I’ve sold off most of that share before the US market crashed the other day.

Next week is Mama’s birthday and I haven’t got the time to pack yet. At least I’m off for 2 weeks. Now I can tick off Taiwan from my list of places to travel. Need to give all of them a call but I think the two old people are out jogging at this hour and M might be sleeping after her lecture. Aiyo, how can she end up being so similar to me? Sleeping at this hour. I miss those days. Maybe I should take a nap too. Hahaha. But my article….it’s due too soon. Haih….I need to go on this holiday. Noreen, go do work! 

Wonder if the renovation of the new house is going well. Papa kept on saying that the kitchen was all right but I thought a bigger kitchen would be more comfortable to cook in. Plus, he’s still trying to perfect his fishball recipe. I’ve lost track of how many years has it been. He’s been more adventurous with his cooking since his retirement. So happy that I get good food when I’m at home.  At least my 2 share consultants have got something to occupy themselves over the weekend when the share market is closed.

Now, to gather any remaining motivation to finish this stupid article. 

Love, 

Noreen from the future

No comments: