Sunday 17 January 2010

London before the end of holidays

New Year Countdown 2010

These 5 people who has been in the UK for the last 4.5 years and never countdown in London decided to leave at 11pm by tube to get anywhere near Central London by 12 midnight. Other people would have been there by 10pm to get a good spot and waited till the countdown but no, we slowly took our time and left late. To our surprise, the tubes were still packed like sardines.

We were asked to get down at Embankment as Westminster was already crowded with people. There were still crowds of people there. It was weird just getting pushed around by people and following the flow. We only heard a few fireworks and didn't manage to see much except for the really nice lighted Lion King Theatre building. It started snowing a bit as we made our way home.

In contrast to the number of people when we were making our way there, the tubes were practically empty on our way home.

Next day, we went for Sherlock Holmes movie. I joined my friends again after meeting my uncle, aunty and 2 cousins for lunch. I really like this movie and loved the part where Sherlock Holmes was trying to pick the lock and then Watson comes along and just barges through with Holmes still holding the pins in his hands. Recommended.

We had dinner at Tuk Din near Paddington after to celebrate the wedding of a new couple: A and L.

We caused quite a ruckus in that restaurant with so many of us. The happy couple in the top right corner.

Final picture with most of us.

No more backlog of posts. Back to my stressful life at A&E. Need to study for my ALS resit and write up my cases. Haih....

It's so funny how my dad described me as Liverpool FC cause it can win against really strong components like Manchester (Finals exam) but lose against weaker teams (ALS exam). Hmmm...that's why I'm in Liverpool.

No comments: