Thursday 7 January 2010

Wicked

What more can I say, this theater was just WICKED!

A story about how the origins of the Wicked witch of the West and the Good Fairy of the East. It is not as straight forward as you think.
After getting our tickets which was 25 pounds for student, sitting at the first row from the stage. A bit too close to the speakers and the actors in my opinion. Next time, choose at least 5 rows away.

It was at the Apollo Victoria Theatre. I am still dazzled by the acting and singing of the performers. Pure dedication by the make-up artist to be painting Wicked's face and neck green for each performance.

See that dragon prop at the top of the stage? That moves and smoke comes out of the nostrils during the play. I was impressed by the props. How a bridge came down and 1 second later I see actors running across it. Awesome. The singing was not bad too. A bit high pitched for me.

Loved the ambiance of the whole theater. There was a large map of Oz which replaced the curtains before the start of the show.

I wished I was studying in London. It's so easy for them to go for theaters. I wonder will there be another opportunity for me.

I lied in my last post that I was going to blog about Madrid. Let me rectify it and say it now. Next up: Madrid.

2 comments:

ashieBee said...

wicked best kan??? i brought mujid 2 years back and he loved it!!!! happy new year, noreen **hugs**

Windchaser said...

best best! now regretting that i only started watching london musicals in my last year. haih...